Kick It – A project for young people to discover their inner self through music and follow their dreams.
We have designed a project that will enable young people who have experienced difficulties with substance misuse, bullying or abuse, to identify and develop their strengths in achieving goals and overcoming their challenges through a group of their own lasting for 12 months. The project will include:
- Stop or substantially reduce use of addictive substances or behaviours
- Adopt alternative positive behaviours and leisure interests to replace addictive ones
- Develop positive self-regard and resilience
- Have a positive peer support network moving forward in their lives
- Develop personal confidence
- Undertake training and volunteering.
- Engage with an exciting media project within the programme
- Engage with a digitial design project within the programme.
The project will be a pilot across the year, and we will regularly review progress. We envisage that we will learn a great deal over the course of the first year and seek to develop a plan to launch an extended reach and scope project in the latter part of 2018. The programme will be evaluated by a qualified psychologist or the University of Hertfordshire at its conclusion. This evaluation will be disseminated to other service providers and the local authority.
The major part of the project will involve songwriting and performing. We have therefore partnered with the Nathan Timothy Song Writing charity who have many year’s experience writing songs with children and young people in schools. They will deliver the musical element of the project. See two of their many videos on youtube:
We are ENROLLING NOW, please contact Sandra on 01992 537344 if you are interested in signing up. This project is free to access